The GP practices in Warrington Health Plus are working together so you can more easily use the services that keep you healthy and care for you when you are sick.
This means that for some services, you may see a GP or other health professional from a different GP practice. We can provide better care if the health professional you see can look at your health records. We can also design our services differently to meet your health needs.
To do these things, we will make your health records available to approved health professionals only under strict rules, including on confidentiality. Health professionals will see your health records only when they:
• are treating you or are due to treat you
• have had the relevant training
• follow strict confidentiality rules.
So, sharing your health records will help us to:
• Ensure you receive consistent care if you see other health professionals
• Predict the health and care needs you may have
• Assess the performance and quality of the services we provide.
We hold your health records on a safe and secure computer system. Only approved health professionals can see them. For extra security, the system tracks every time someone looks at the records, who this was and when.
You have the right to opt out of sharing your health records. You can do this by completing an ‘Opt-out request’, available from reception at your GP practice. We then note your choice and if you choose to opt out, then we don’t share your records.